Monday, September 30, 2013

Master Bedroom Reveal

I finished up our master bedroom spruce-up this weekend and I am so excited to share the results! I am so happy with the way it turned out. 

Here is a "before" shot so you can see where we were. I know some of you will say, "But it was nice before!" And no doubt, it was.


But over the last few years my tastes have evolved and changed they way they naturally do. Decorating and design is a constant ebb and flow. What you liked 5 years ago (when I bought the old bedding - a "just married" gift to myself) isn't always what you like now. And then, when we built this house in 2010, I had no idea what my design tastes were and had no direction as to how I wanted to style my home. I just sort of did what everyone else was doing.

Now, I have finally come into my own as far as my decorating style and what I like/don't like. And my matchy-matchy bed/bedding/drapes just wasn't doing it for me anymore. It was feeling too formal, too boring. It was a snooze-fest. When we inherited The Rug, I saw it as a sign for this bedroom to finally get the attention it has needed. Now the bedroom jives with the rest of my house.











I'll give a run down on some of the details this week. Oh! I've linked up this post to The Pink Pagoda's blue and white linking bash! Go check it out, I'm sure there are going to be some fantastic posts! Happy Monday everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Great job that is one relaxing Master retreat!! Love the blue and white touches!
    Best,
    Karolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful room - and I love the ginger jars! Classic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way your room has grown up with you! Just found you through Jennifer's Blue and White Bash! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that rug! and how your room came together. You have some great art there, too. Glad to find you from Jennifers link party!
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete