Thursday, September 13, 2012

I'm back!...with a big girl room design!

Yeah, yeah, yeah.....bad blogger.

But look! I finally came up with a design board for the little one's new room. She just turned 2, so in the next few months her nursery will slowly morph into something a little more fitting for the big girl she is.  The current paint color will stay (mainly because I reaaalllyyy don't want to repaint). It's a gray/lavender that I honestly really like. So I'm working with it.

Ta da!


I have been obsessed with that mint otomi fabric for what seems like forever. Finally using it! I am having a daybed custom made so I can match the paint color to the fabric...and because I can't find a single daybed out there that I like. It will look kinda similar to this....kinda.

 I also have a slight obsession with Eames rockers. I saw one at an antique store about 3 years ago and didn't buy it. It still haunts me to this day. I thought about getting the child's version, but I think I may go full size. Mama still needs a place to sit in the room. The only thing I currently have in my possession is the sheepskin rug. It's in a closet waiting to be used.

So there you have it! I also found a wonderful vintage desk/hutch combo (bamboo!!) that needs some serious TLC for...get this...$60. I'll post pics of before and after. I may tackle that this weekend.  Let's face it, I probably won't post tomorrow...so Happy Weekend!

1 comment: