Friday, February 28, 2014

New House Files: Vol 1. (yes, already)….

I've already made 2 major scores on items for the new house. The first came a while ago when I was messing around on the internet and found these Shades of Light sconces at a major discount. So naturally I bought them without thinking twice.

Shades of Light Star Sconce

I'm thinking they will go in the powder room, which I am envisioning to look a lot like this guy…


Full disclosure: We've known we would we building this house for about a year now, which is why I've started buying hoarding things. I also have 2 french style bergere chairs that are headed to the reupholsterer later. Which, since I'm sharing, will be upholstered in Schumacher's Plaisirs de la Chine on the back..which is a crazy large scale pattern, but this is a small excerpt….


And pink velvet on the front. You heard me. 

The other "so crazy it would be ridiculous not to do it" score came yesterday when I came across this Schumacher linen wallpaper for $40 A ROLL. This stuff retails for $350 a roll. I ordered 10 rolls about as fast as you could say Mastercard. It will either go in the master bedroom or the dining room. I am so excited about this I could die. I mean, seriously, its gorgeous. The texture of this wallpaper is something that paint could never replicate. It looks just like grasscloth, but it's linen so the texture is soft and cozy. Like a wall blanket. New term? I think so.



Schumacher Kohana Linen weave in flax

Oh man, this is going to be fun.






No comments:

Post a Comment