Monday, March 30, 2015

New House Files: The Kitchen

Progress! It's happening! The slab foundation is being poured tomorrow (!!) and then framing can commence. Still have fingers crossed for a September/October move-in date. I've been finalizing a lot of decisions, one of those being the kitchen. It's white. It's classic. It will never (hopefully) go out of style.

I went back and forth and back and forth on marble countertops. And while I looooove how they look, I don't looooove how they patina and need to be handled with care. Some folks don't mind the occasional stain or scratch or chip..."character" and all that jazz...but it would drive me insane. I decided to go with quartz. It's as hard as granite, doesn't stain, and it comes in a myriad of colors. Also, just for clarification, the island will be quartz and the counter behind that where the range will be, will be butcher block.

I've had this kitchen pinned for years. During the planning process I kept coming back to it. It's pretty much the layout of the new kitchen…large island, back wall with windows, range in the middle. I just love it.

Contemporary white kitchen but with mahogany floors and antique fittings (lights, taps, windows)


Can we discuss that range?! I just CANNOT wait to get that bad boy installed. And I can't seem to part with my beloved subway tile. Though she will be getting a fancy herringbone pattern this time around. And finally, brass hardware for the win!



No comments:

Post a Comment