Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Hi! You there? And big news!

Well hello there. That is, if there is anyone still reading this blog. Sorry for the neglect. The past year was, how you say, emotionally rough. I won't go into the details, but suffice it to say, the blog suffered. I would have expected it to be an outlet of sorts, but it didn't really pan out that way. It really just wasn't something I thought about.

But I'm hoping in 2017 to sort things out. Life is on an upswing. Starting with big news that we are, in fact, expecting a baby boy in April! He will join our now 6 year old (!!!!) little girl and I feel that our family will be complete. The exciting news of a new baby brings about the exciting news of decorating a nursery. I haven't done one in so long and I am totally thrilled that it's for a little boy this time.

I had a million ideas swirling at first, but I've narrowed it all down to the design board below. I think it's just the right amount of baby without being too "baby". As with most people decorating a nursery, I want it to grow easily with him in the future.





Most of the fabric has been ordered and the Pottery Barn crib arrived right before Christmas. I am still on the hunt for the perfect dresser/changing table. This one was just a random google image search but it's what I am looking for. And while that painting by Renee Bouchon is everything, and it's basically what I designed the whole room around, it won't be in the room. I'll probably end up doing something similar myself.

So there you have it! I am hoping 2017 is the year I bring this ol blog back to life. Although with a new baby, things will probably get tricky. So much for timing.

1 comment: