Friday, October 26, 2012

100th post! And an art lesson.

And another awesome find. But this one is for me! I found this at, yes, another estate sale. It's a sickness folks.

A gorgeous (seriously the photo does not do it justice) antique needlepoint. It's huge too, about 36"x20". It was $12. Twelve. dollars. (!!!!!) I had thoughts about turning it into a large pillow to go across our bed, but I think I may frame it instead. I really don't want it to get messed up. The sucker is pretty old and who knows where it's been (Maybe it's from France? All the text is in french.)


UDATE: While I was writing this I put the title in google "Le Moulin de Flatford". Turns out it's a needlepoint of this painting by John Constable. Now obviously a french needlepoint as Mr. Constable was English and his work hangs in the Tate Gallery.

John Constable, ‘Flatford Mill ('Scene on a Navigable River')’ 1816-17
"Flatford Mill"
Well done needlepoint artist. The resemblance is uncanny. I was unsure of what that horse was doing but now it's so very clear. Awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment