Thursday, November 15, 2012

Gilding the Table

Gold flatware is everywhere. I have been seeing it pop up in photos all over the web and in magazines. So, of course, I became obsessed with owning my own set. It's so terribly chic. I love it paired with simple white dishes and white napkins. And don't even get me started when I see it with gray or black.





Awesome, right? Naturally I started scouring the internet trying to find some that wasn't going to break the bank. I was thisclose to pulling the trigger on this set from West Elm...

Gold Flatware 5-pc. Set
Gold Flateware 5 pc set

But then the angels sang and clouds parted and my dear old friend Craigslist came through in the clutch. And a few hours later, this was mine!


To say I love it is an understatement. It's a traditional style as opposed to the West Elm set that is very modern. And it's service for 8! With 7 serving pieces! Never. been. used. Not once. Moral of the story...Craigslist is the shit. Who wants to come over for dinner?





No comments:

Post a Comment