Friday, May 17, 2013

Budding Artist?

So I know this isn't a kids blog or a craft blog, but I figured this is worth sharing. When you are a parent of a child who attends any sort of school program, whether it's a daycare, mother's day out, kindergarten, etc., you will be inundated with artwork. Child artwork. Which is safe to say....not the best artwork. If I can be honest, most of it is crap. But ohhhh the mommy guilt. "My child made this! With her hands! For me! I MUST display this weird conglomeration of colors with construction paper squares glued on it!! It's a turkey made from her HAND!"

The first year she was in school I saved it all. And then I decided that the crap was overshadowing the non-crap. There are a few gems to be had in children's art. So I purged. If it made me smile or giggle, I saved it. If it was a smear of brown with a few crayon marks, I tossed it. And here we are today.

I grabbed a few things from the "saved" box and decided to display a few favorite pieces.


I started cutting things out and arranging them on a sheet of card stock. 


And grabbed an empty frame I had laying around and voila!


Cute right? The weird one-eyed sheep has always made me laugh. She will be so excited to see it when she gets home from school today...most likely carrying another folder of "art".

Happy Friday friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment