Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Packing List

As a reformed over-packer, I have finally streamlined my packing process after many years of lugging a too heavy suitcase and making myself miserable. A long trip, especially overseas, is hard to pack for. I've found the key is lots of neutrals and layers, layers, layers. Fall and Winter is especially difficult because everything is so bulky. But if you think smart, you can get a lot of outfits out of a few pieces. Basically I am packing everything you see below. And that's pretty much it. Well, and about 5 more Zara t shirts.

Rain gear. A necessary evil. I bought this shorter Hunter boot to take up less space than my regular pair. Also, that red rain jacket folds into a tiny pouch so you can stash it in a bag! Yes! And I always stress about shoes and end up taking way too many. But this time, I'm only taking those 3 pairs. All super comfortable and equally stylish. By the way, J Crew is on the money with their sneaker collection right now.

Let's get down to leather jacket business. If you don't have one, get one. Worth the investment. I travel with mine everywhere. This one from Zara looks like a million bucks and it's not even real leather. Slow clap for Zara everyone.







One thing I didn't mention was jewelry. A necklace or a pair of earrings are sometimes just enough to make an outfit special. And those are easy to pack and take up zero space. Here are a few things I might have to add to the suitcase

J Crew

Kendra Scott


J Crew





No comments:

Post a Comment