Friday, September 25, 2015

New House Files: Den Design Board

So I thought it might be fun to show the design board I put together for the den/keeping room/TV room/whatever you want to call it room that's right off the kitchen. Not all of this is happening at once, obviously. That is unless we find a pile of money hidden in the backyard.

The leather chair was ordered 6 months ago and has been hanging out in the rental house and the sofa will (hopefully) be here not long after we move in. It's not exactly that sofa although it's very, very close. I did my husband a solid and ordered him a leather TV watching chair. He is building the house after all. All the lighting is what I have chosen and is what is being installed in a few weeks. I love the idea of a blue upholstered ottoman and I have loved that West Elm rug for a long time. Everything else is pretty traditional and that rug and the art are just the things the room needs to keep it from venturing too much into snoozefest territory. I like the idea of a striped roman shade, and that one is a great price.

The credenza is very much up in the air at this point. In my dreams it's a brass and burl wood piece like the one below from Jayson Home. A girl can dream. I'm definitely going with 2 pillows in my old faithful "Betwixt" in Biscuit by Celerie Kimble. I've used that fabric many times in almost all the colors and it has never let me down.





So there you have it! Now that I keep staring at this I might have to just go ahead and order that rug…..

No comments:

Post a Comment