Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Latest Obsession: Penguin Classics by Jillian Tamaki

A large part of my heart will always belong to graphic design. It's what I studied in college and how I made my living for many years (although you never truly stop being a designer). Beautiful typography, white space, kerning...it all makes my heart beat just a little faster, which is exactly what happened when I saw these book covers by artist Jillian Tamaki. Each classic book cover is hand embroidered by Tamaki herself (final product to purchase is printed). I love each one, although I am partial to Black Beauty, my all time favorite book. That one will most definitely be making it to my bookshelf. Apparently they came out in October, I don't know how I missed that.



Here is the link to buy...you know you wanna.  http://us.penguingroup.com/pages/classics/penguinthreads.html

No comments:

Post a Comment