Friday, April 19, 2013

Big Girl Room...Finally

I'm finally getting around to posting these photos of the little one's new big girl room. I took these about two months ago (yikes...sorry) and it's already changed a little since then. One day I'll get around to taking new photos, but the room is always in a state of disaster. Until then, enjoy these shots of a nicely clean toddler room.


The bed. I looooove this bed. I had it made by a carpenter from plans that I found online and then I painted it. I made the headboard myself. It really wasn't that difficult. The hubby cut the shape from a piece of plywood and then I covered it with batting and fabric. There are a zillion tutorials online on how to make a upholstered headboard so I won't bore you with instructions. The nail heads finish it off wonderfully. It's hung on the wall with D-rings.

The pillow fabric was an estate sale find. I got about 10 yards of this vintage chintz for $3.



I also used the fabric to cover the heinous (but necessary) blackout shades. The cornice boards are covered with the same fabric as the headboard. Curtain panels are from Pottery Barn.


The lamps are also a DIY. I wanted gold but I didn't want to pay and arm and a leg, so I grabbed these from Home Depot and spray painted them brass.


The crazy cute armoire is a craigslist find. It was already painted this gray-blue color. It stores all her toys in the top and clothes on the bottom. And "Funny Girl" because a. I love that movie and b. the little one makes me laugh everyday. 

Have a great weekend friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment