Friday, April 12, 2013

Latest Acquisition

This is probably going to sound weird, but I have wanted an old, vintage oil painting for a really long time. Like, really old. I love it when oil paint starts to crack and peel and pull away from the canvas. Told you it was a strange request. It wasn't an easy task and it has taken me about 2 years to find one. Most of them that I find are in really bad condition or are crazy expensive and from France or something. Neither of those was what I was looking for.

And then I happened upon this gem.





Oh it's awesome. The paint is perfectly cracked and shiny. It makes my heart sing.


This afternoon I am headed to Atlanta with a friend to scour Scott Antique Market. It's gonna be a good time. I'll report back on my treasures! Happy Weekend!

1 comment: