Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pining for Pineapples







So what do these pics have in common? If you said lamps, you would be correct! If you said pineapples, you would be even more correct! If 2 years ago you would have told me I would be searching every nook and cranny for a pineapple lamp, I would have said something along the lines of "Pfffffttttt, girl you crazy." And yet here we are. But not any pineapple lamp...I wanted one like this

Pair of Polished Brass Pineapple Table Lamps
Brass Pineapple Lamp pair from 1st Dibs
A brass 1960s pineapple lamp. And since everyone and their mom wants one too, they have skyrocketed in price. Sure, you can get new ones (like this one here or here) but what's the fun in that? Etsy is also a good resource (here and here). So today I visited one of my favorite antique haunts and Boom! There she was. 



Victory is sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment