Monday, January 4, 2016

A (sort of) House Tour

Ya'll. Forgive me, but the last few months have been craaaaazy. But to make it up to you I finally took a few photos around the house. It's coming along nicely. Phase 1 is pretty much complete…which was basically "get all our shit in the house and arranged so I don't go insane and OH MY GOD WHY ARE WE HOSTING HOLIDAY PARTIES HERE, WE JUST MOVED IN" phase. I'm calling Phase 2 the "Man, I need to get curtains up" and "I think I need a rug here" phase. Phase 3 is usually my husband saying "Are you finished yet?" to which I laugh and laugh.

So enjoy these crappy iPhone pics I took around the house this morning. One day I'll use my real camera.



The entry. Easily my favorite room in the house. Mainly because it's the only room that finished. Oh, except for a pillow. But also because of that AMAZEBALLS settee. Remember this post? It's just so much better than I ever thought it would be.




Dining room. She is a sexy lady if I do say so myself. It's right next to the entry so that color with the Schumacher fabric on the settee is giving me liiiiiife. Here is the post I did for the dining room. I stayed pretty true to my original vision. The color went more forest green than olive green as I had originally planned. And also yes I went wood for the floors, obvi. The seats haven't been recovered yet and I think I have changed my mind on the fabric, but that's a saga for another day. 




A peek at the kitchen. The rest of it has breakfast still scattered everywhere so this is what you get. That range is the butter to my bread and sometimes I just catch myself staring at it. Black and brass for the win for everything in life ever. Also, all tile should be herringbone tile. Just, yes. 



Formal living. A quick note, I don't normally have fresh flowers scattered all over my house. Who am I? Lisa Vanderpump? Although, #goals. These are (surprisingly) still hanging on from New Years Eve.  You can't see the left side of this room because it's a huge white wall that is killlllling me. After our Christmas tree left, all I can do it stare at it and wish something would appear. What is that something? I DON'T KNOW! 



A gallery wall that's shaping up nicely.


Powder room. Guys, it's really hard to take a photo of a powder room. How to photographers do it?! 




One side of the bar. After living in the house for a bit I've decided to wallpaper this little area. It's right off the dining room and needs a bit of drama. This will probably get done in 7 years because it couldn't be lower on the list of things to do.




This is the den. AKA, where we sit our butts and watch way to much TV. That's it on the left. About the ottoman, it's a craigslist find that I paid $20 for and had recovered in a blue/gray velvet. Craigslist forever!! Also, that Alexa Hampton lamp was found at Homegoods (!!!???!!) and when I saw it I ran to it like a lost child being reunited with his mother. I grabbed it and it's twin and happily walked to the checkout where I was asked by 2 different people if I was definitely buying them. I laughed in their faces and swiped my card. I didn't even know if they would work or not. Spoiler: they did. Moral of the story, always go to Homegoods. Oh…and you can see the bar area in this photo right where the ginger jars are. Wouldn't wallpaper be great there?

So that's what I have for now! I'll do bedrooms next time! Stay tuned. 




















2 comments:

  1. New House = amazing! Loving the dining room and that powder room wallpaper is everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might be my spirit animal. I laughed in their faces and swiped my card. Yes!!! Homegoods is where it's at. Also that stove is everything. You really did such a super awesome job on this!

    ReplyDelete