Thursday, October 3, 2013

Design Board: Out with the Old

Can you guess who this boards is for? If you said my parents, I would be weirded out that you would know that, but you would be correct! The 'rents are freshening things up around these parts.


My mom approached me after seeing a blue velvet sofa in a showroom and she is going for it people! We are talking a complete overhaul. At first she just wanted a sofa. And then our wheels starting turning and, well, it's not just a sofa anymore. And I have come down with serious sofa envy because this thing is going to be amazeballs.

This is the starting point for their den area where everyone hangs out and watches TV. We will do the den, formal living, dining, kitchen, and master bedroom/bathroom.  Their master bathroom is being gutted and taken from 1992 (yikes) to 2014. Everything is getting painted and all new lighting is being installed throughout the house. To say it will be an undertaking it putting it mildly, but we are up for the challenge and I cant wait to get started! We order the sofa on friday and then it's game time.

Naturally, I'll post progress on this ol blog. I am certain my mom will hate me for posting before shots (esp. of the bathroom) but it's all in the name of decorating.




No comments:

Post a Comment