Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Design Board(s): The Parental Makeover

Welcome Pink Pagoda readers! Today I am linking this post to the Blue and White Bash over at The Pink Pagoda. Head over there to see some really fantastic all things blue and white posts!

My parent's redecorating is starting to come together. We have ordered most of the new den furniture, like the sofa, chairs, and cabinets. Oh, right, we decided to do cabinets rather than a lone TV console. I did an updated design board to show my mom what everything will look like. And you get to see it too!


I'm not a huge fan of all-in-one TV units. You know, with the console in the middle and then the 2 shelving units/bookcases on either side all made of the same wood. They always look so heavy to me. So we opted for a console in a completely different material than the cabinets. Ahhh...space. There is even room at the bottom for some baskets if we are so inclined. 

And because I like all of you so much...I'm posting the dining room board as well!

The dining room was originally going to keep all of its original furniture. But then I saw 2 blue velvet host chairs and, well, plans changed. The dining room is completely separate from the den, so I figure a little nod to the sofa was in order. 



My mom has a very similar oil painting hanging in there now and I think with the new blue chairs, it will look amazing.  I love a good Louis dining chair, so I think these will be making an appearance. We have to think of something fast because my mom sold her old dining set in like 3 hours on Craigslist. And Thanksgiving is around the corner! Gulp.


**If you are interested in your own design board, email me at hendersondesigns@gmail.com**


No comments:

Post a Comment