Friday, December 2, 2011

First post & Happy Holidays!

I suppose it's fitting that my first ever blog post coincides with my favorite time of the year. Once the calendar hits December, my holiday spirit shifts into high gear. I love the crisp weather, sweaters, the smell of fires, Starbucks peppermint mochas...I could go on and on. I'm not so crazy about the stress that comes with the shopping that seems to have a hold on me until December 25. But what I do love is the decorating! And since this is a blog about decorating and design, I suppose I should share what I have done to fill up my home with Christmas joy.

I'm fairly traditional when it comes to Christmas decorations. I just can't seem to get behind a stainless steel minimalist tree or a pink polka-dot stocking. Now I know these things have their place in the world, but it's just not in my home (if any of you have a stainless steel tree, sorry if I offended). I suppose I buck tradition in the fact that I use only fake greenery (gasp!). The hatred of the pine needle exceeds the love of the pine smell. I know, I know...for you Christmas purists out there this is just blasphemy. But I kinda like the fact that I just have to go down a flight of stairs, bring (or haul...it is 9 ft tall after all) the tree up, and plug it in. Ta da! No sap, no water, no needles, no cranky momma. It's a Christmas miracle!


I just noticed our crooked star.....






And because I always love seeing what others have done for the holidays.....

love the stars

have always loved this image.
green and white is always classic
Pinned Image
Now that's a tree!

Rustic Christmas decorations
love the Noel banner

No comments:

Post a Comment